Friday, February 22, 2008

Idioteque

For TMP we are working on images inspired and derived from songs. We were assigned Radiohead's Idioteque from the Kid A album. It was later changed so that we could do any song we wanted after some people complained that they wanted to use their own crappy music, but I really like this song and have some good ideas, so I'm sticking with it.


A page of ideas for the Idioteque image from my sketchbook.

It's a great song, if you've never listened to Radiohead, I recommend them. This song is great (and the one after it, Morning Bell is great too!), I would check out their latest album, In Rainbows. It's really good.

I'm going to create a object using the letter forms of the lyrics for the song. Specifically a bomb. If you listen to the song it's pretty obvious why, but the lyric "Who's in a bunker, who's in a bunker, women and children first, and children first, and children" is what started my head going.

We'll see what I come up with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also of note, my Drop A Gear, Drop The Hammer, I'm GONE print and the wedding invitation cover idea I made are currently being exhibited outside the Slusser Gallery here at Michigan A&D along with some of my classmates stuff. The images are right here(the wedding invitation) and here(Drop A Gear) as well as in previous posts.
So far I've had two things exhibited, my self-portrait from last semester's drawing course (I've got to go pick that up, it came off the wall to make room for my new stuff) and now this! How exciting!
Oh and it's spring break next week. Thank God. I need a break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bekah here...Congrats on more things being exhibited!!! You're terrific!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails