Saturday, February 16, 2008

Personal Font

For TMP graphic design we created our own personal font and then used it to create some sort of an image to compliment our fonts.
My font ended up being a sharp, angular type with inferred type just as important as what is there. I accompanied my font with a composition inspired by the band Mute Math. The text is from their song Stare At the Sun and reads,

"And we stare at the sun
but we never see anything there
Just a glare has become
all that we'll ever see there
And we stare at the sun"

The image it is overlain on is of the band. I created 4 different compositions of the text over the image with the image different in two of them and arranged them behind the main orange image with the words over it. I arranged them to fan out from the main orange square and to get at the hopeless repetitiveness of searching for meaning where there may be no meaning.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

C. Dennis Guastella said...

I'm thrilled that you would create a blog for our class. I need some of these files for an exhibit that we will be putting up on Friday. Please email them to me. Thanks, dennis

Related Posts with Thumbnails