Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Presentation of the Trash Pants

So a few weeks ago , i presented my trash pants to my class. I had designed them to inhibit my movement so as to make me more aware of how much trash I created day to day so I had the class follow me on a walk. We went down the hall to the media center where they sell coffee and bagels among other foodstuffs and mediastuffs. I bought a bagel. Turned out to be a flavor I wasn't to fond of (cherry something). I bought the bagel because I wanted to do something that everyone could relate to on an everyday basis, buying a snack. I don't know if everyone in my class got it, but I heard a few "Oh, I get it".

I'm pretty happy with how the pants and their presentation came off, the assignment was to create an extension of your body and I'm not sure if I totally created a physical extension, but I believe that I was successful in creating an extension of your awareness of your body and what one person can create inadvertently.


Walking down the hall to the media center at the end of the hallway.


Buying my bagel.




Exhibiting the lack of range of motion. I couldn't sit down.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I love the finished product!!! How cool! I also love the way you presented it - great way to show them off and their meaning to the class. :) Love all of it, Mr. Artist Man! (or whatever your name is now) xoxo, Bek

Pete Hall said...

Thanks Bek!

Related Posts with Thumbnails